December 2020 MONTHLY CHAPTER MEETING
December 07, 2020
6:15 PM - 7:30 PM
Add to Calendar
Please plan to attend the next NWA PMI Chapter Meeting on Monday, December 7, 2020 at 6 PM on Zoom
6:15 to 6:30 - Networking
6:15 to 7:30 - Presentation
Matt Morey, PMP, CSM, DTM
Project Turn Around Expert
Subject Matter Expert (SME) – Project Management / Leadership
C4-Explosive Leadership Training, LLC
Matt’s worked with teams large and small, located throughout the world, in some of the toughest environments imaginable for nearly 20 years. A certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM), Champion Speaker, and Decorated Combat Veteran, Matt provides immediately actionable strategies for extraordinary results. A regular speaker at PMI and Toastmaster events / conferences, Matt has over 15 years of project management experience in Oil & Gas, Information Technology, Event Planning, and US Government / Military, ranging from $100 thousand to over $150 million projects.
Title: Morey’s Laws of Project Management
Murphy’s Law states: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Murphy was an optimist. As a Project Manager, you need to be a realist. Learn lessons from real project management experiences, as well as tactics to ensure you have great experiences, along with great stories that advance your career. This is a continuation from Morey’s Laws of Project Management, with previous sessions conducted at each of the last 2 PMI conferences.
Objectives / Focus:
- Stories based on real life project experiences, designed to impart the Lessons Learned, in order to prevent Murphy from appearing on your Projects
- Lessons Like If Everyone’s Responsible No One Is
- A Deal by Handshake Lasts Only as Long as the Handshake
- And more
- Priceless insight on Project Management compiled across multiple industries (Oil and Gas, IT, Defense), distilled to the most potent memorable terms
- Immediately usable tips, tricks, and strategies to limit Murphy's impact on your projects, as well as deal with his sudden appearance
This meeting is worth one PDU (Professional Development Unit). Please help us by sharing this meeting with others. Both members and non-members are invited.
Do you have a topic that you are passionate about? What about a recent lessons learned? You can be a speaker too! See our Volunteer Opportunities.
FEBRUARY 2021 MONTHLY NWA PMI BOARD CHAPTER MEETING
February 2021 MONTHLY CHAPTER MEETING
MARCH BOARD MONTHLY CHAPTER MEETING
MARCH 2021 MONTHLY CHAPTER MEETING
APRIL MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
APRIL 2021 MONTHLY CHAPTER MEETING
MAY 2021 MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
MAY 2021 MONTHLY CHAPTER MEETING