Hello from the Northwest Arkansas PMI Local Chapter Board and Chapter Members. Please visit often for an update of all the Northwest Arkansas Chapter of the Project Management Institute's regional activities. This is an informational website. If you would like to receive periodic announcements from us regarding chapter meeting details and professional development opportunities, click here.
Is it finally time to earn your PMP/CAPM certification? Are you mentoring someone who wants to earn their PMP/CAPM certification?
The NWA PMI Chapter is pleased to offer a preparatory course for experienced project managers readying themselves to sit for the Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certification Exam.
The FALL 2020 PMP/CAPM Exam Prep Course is offered on Thursday nights via ZOOM. The course is taught by NWA PMI chapter volunteers, all of whom are experienced PMP-certified Project Management professionals. The session is conducted for ten consecutive Thursday evenings, from 5:30 pm through 9:00 pm, beginning the second week of September.
This course will fulfill the required 35-hour PMI contact hour requirement needed for the PMP exam and the 23-hour PMI contact hour requirement for the CAPM exam.
NWA PMI Chapter membership is required
The NWA PMI PMP/CAPM Exam Prep Course objective is to assist the participants in preparing for the certification exam. Many of the components of the Agile methodology are extensions of tools and techniques that are defined in the material taught in this class. The review is not designed to teach applied project management. The exam covers the knowledge areas defined in the PMI Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), Fifth Edition which is available online as a membership benefit.
This low cost course, when compared to most other commercially offered review courses, is a major benefit to our members and other practitioners of project management. The course is structured to provide the participant with an evenly paced review presentation of materials over a 10-week period rather than concentrated in 5 consecutive days. The participants will be provided with a suggested study program that aligns with the paced material presentation. By intently following the program, participants will complete the study time to achieve the confidence necessary for taking the exam. The NWA PMI PMP/CAPM Exam Prep Course uses Crosswind Project Management, Inc materials.
COSTS: $500 if registered by August 30
$600 after August 30
$100 for Returning Students
Your initial homework assignment, to be completed before our first class is:
- Obtain a copy of PMBOK (version 6)- Project Management Book of Knowledge, all PMI members can download a soft copy or you may purchase a hard copy if you prefer – bring this book to class every week
- Also – begin reading the PMBOK – week 1 will cover chapters 1-3
- If you aren’t already a member of PMI and the NWA PMI Chapter, please do join (http://www.nwapmi.org/join.php) – membership is required for us to be able to provide your class materials to you in printed or electronic form. We will be verifying chapter membership before class begins.
We will provide Crosswind PMP Exam Success Series: AnyWare® Certification Study System (Sixth Edition PMBOK® Guide) prior to class.
• Bootcamp Manual with over 80 pages of new content, as well as the brand new Stakeholder knowledge area, has an 800+ question web-based exam simulation application, Excel workbooks to document experience hours for the PMP® application, sample PMP® Application in PDF and Printable PDFs of various book exercises for re-use
• Web-based Exam Simulation application with 26 tests and over 3000 questions to allow creation of custom tests with over 16 custom topics
• Discovering the PMBOK® Guide Audio Recording - also available in MP3 format (Our previous Processes Audio product has been replaced by this new product. It is over 10 times longer in duration than the previous 80-minute Processes audio content and includes Tony Johnson, as well as Dayle Beyer having an interactive discussion about how all of the pieces of the PMBOK® Guide fit together and work with each other.
• Terminology Audio Download - also available in MP3 format
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENTS
NWA PMI accepts all major credit cards. To pay by check, make it payable to “NWA PMI” and mail to:
Attn: NWA PMI PMP/CAPM Exam Prep Course
PO Box 1597
Bentonville AR 72712-1597
PROFESSIONAL ONLINE TRAINING INFORMATION
Live Webinar: The Business of IT PPM -
Adapting to All-Remote Talent Management
All-remote organizations used to be the minority—then suddenly, many of us were forced to work that way. By understanding the advantages and disadvantages, we can better prepare for the future's new normal.
How to Prevent 5 Common Communication Mistakes
Communication mistakes are one of the fastest ways to crash your project. There is good news, however. By using negative visualization, you can imagine communication problems in advance—and prevent these five common mistakes.
Smile, You’re on Camera!
As video conferencing becomes a more important part of how we communicate, there are a few more preparations we need to make—and considerations to remember—to ensure we send the right message.
Don’t Be Too Hasty: Smart Career Decisions Need the Right Environment
For many of us, familiar work environments have been fundamentally changed or taken away. Major events in our lives are causing us to re-evaluate our priorities. That’s a good thing, but take care before you make career-changing decisions.
3 Ways to Simplify Complex Projects
Most of us feel like we’re managing teams of complex individuals working on complex projects, with answers and solutions that are also complex. One thing that adds value—for all stakeholders—is the ability to take the complex and make it simple.
Are you ready for the new PMI-PMP certification test? Be sure you know what is changing.
PMP EXAM UPDATE
There are changes to the PMP exam as outlined below. Additional information is here, https://www.pmi.org/update-center
What is changing?
The PMP is evolving just like the profession – and the new exam will focus on three new domains:
PEOPLE – emphasizing the skills and activities associated with effectively leading a project team
PROCESS – reinforcing the technical aspects of managing a project
BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT – highlighting the connection between projects and organization strategy
Content that spans the value spectrum, including predictive, agile and hybrid approaches, will be included across the three exam domains. The best way to understand what is included in the exam is to review the updated Exam Content Outline.